Saturday, April 06, 2013

The Tyger

So ... I've just spent the past hour and a half recording, editing, then uploading two videos of William Blake's The Tyger. For reasons only known to my inner Puck, I was amused to play it on the ukulele as well as the guitar. I credit the tune to Allen Ginsberg; I heard him perform it (acompanying himself on harmonium) back in the early to mid 80s.

I'm not sure which version I prefer; I definitely sing a little differently with uke than with guitar. So, I leave it to the wisdom of the cyber crowd: Do you have a preference?

The Tyger, from Songs of Experience, by William Blake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do sing differently with the guitar! There is a depth and power to your voice, enhanced by the guitar, and the whole mood of the song changes. The uke song is lighthearted, kind of a fly-by sort of song. It turns into a serious, important message with the guitar. Who would have known that would happen? Not me.