Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Update on “Dame Julian”


Took this picture of Dame Julian on Saturday morning. It's my hope to take at least one picture of her each week, so we can track the progress of her growth.  Here, she is posing against her "daddy's" tummy for scale. How she has grown! Imagine, just a week ago, I could fit her in my hand.

Currently, she spends most days in the bathroom, as the rest of the house isn't quite kitten-proof. When I get home, she is a little ball of energy. Though she likes to track me, she will also race through the house at top speed for unknown reasons. The floor is filled with kitten-appropriate toys: newspaper, paper bags, and cellophane. I've rigged up a "cat dancer" type toy, a bouncy spider hanging off a stick, and we both get exercise this way.

She has altered my world. I normally would come home, turn on the tube, and become a turnip. Now, I've got some duties:  move her out of the bathroom, clean the litter box, play kitten games. Elsie says the scene of me using the kitty dancer with DJ is quite amusing.

DJ and I do have something in common: we like to take long naps on Sunday afternoon. I laid down on the couch Sunday afternoon, and DJ cuddled up on my chest. Something supremely comforting about having a purring ball of warmth on your chest while you're napping. We slept for almost three hours, except for the brief intrusion of an ill-timed phone call.

She is a cutie, isn't she?

No comments: