Friday, June 24, 2005

Cat Friday

Luke & DJ
Believe it or not, Luke (upper right-hand corner) and DJ were adopted at the same time from the same group of kittens. The picture of Luke was taken at the time of adoption, about a year ago. The picture of DJ was taken yesterday morning.

Linen Closet
Time for a doting daddy story. Here, you see my linen closet, which is in my bathroom. The double doors are at least four foot from the floor.

A couple of weeks ago, I came home and found the right-hand door open. I didn't remember having opened it that morning, but figured it was possible. Seemed the only reasonable explanation.

That weekend, after I got out of the shower I witnessed something amazing. DJ was climbing up the drawer handles. Those double doors don't quite match, and she pushed her nose in the quarter-inch gap, and opened the right door. Then she pulled herself in on top of my towels.

That's one strong and determined cat!

She's created another hidey-hole, under the bed. Actually, she's pulled the thin covering off the box springs, and climbs around inside them.

No comments: