Saturday, June 04, 2005

DJ as Art


Click for larger image

I've been having all kinds of fun creating my own kind of art using Photoshop. This image was created using Photoshop Elements.

In the original photo, DJ is sitting on a plastic bag (one of her less expensive toys), and in front of my guitar case.

Elements has an artistic effect called "swirl" which I applied to the plastic bag. I then used the magnetic lasso to select the bag, and applied a plug-in filter called "Electroplate". The tiny bit of white you see at DJ's paws is what's left of the plastic bag.

I then selected DJ and applied the angled brush stroke to her, then the watercolor filter.

Finally, I selected the area behind DJ, erased the guitar case, and created the blue background using the multiply and color burn functions on my brush.

After I re-sized the picture (432x324), the image was 411K. Using the "Save for Web" function brought it down to 28K. Not print quality, but web-worthy.

Critiques are welcome!

No comments: