Thursday, April 01, 2004

April Is National Poetry Month!

Michael, at Stick Poet Superhero has a number of good suggestions on how to celebrate this special month. Of special interest is the Poet's Almanac, which is offering "30 Ways to Celebrate National Poetry Month."

I also recommend that you visit Jilly, at the Poetry Hut. She has daily poetry-related news and ideas that will be worth your perusal.

As for your humble correspondent, I shall try to focus on poetry this month. Already, you see an occasional poem below, in celebration of the return of my hat. So — either poems, or poetry-related entries. Who knows? Maybe I can once again achieve a poem-a-day.

I do have a couple of poetry-related projects in the pipeline: one is religious in nature, and is the culmination of about three months worth of work. The other is a very special collaboration with an artist whose work I recently discovered.

Finally, I have the goal of reading one Emily Dickinson poem a day. I plan to comment, or respond to these poems here as the month goes by. In the words of my cyber-friend, Michael Wells, "She is a wonder, isn't she".

No comments: