Saturday, April 10, 2004

The Vision, The Poem

Just remembered I have a new poem/card I haven't linked you to yet. This is another response to one of Natalie d'Arbeloff's digital images. This one has a slightly different lay-out than my normal "poem postcard"; I think of it as a sort of notecard.

The poem is only three lines long, but it took a couple of days to hone to where I was happy with it. More time was taken in the design — I used the positioning function of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to place the poem on the nice dark blue background Natalie created for the left side. The web-savvy among you will be aware that a browser above version 4 or 5 will be required to properly view this page. In fact, you may not be able to read the poem at all (unless you use View/Source), since the lettering is yellow. My limited research suggests most people are using a browser above 4 or 5; if you are not, my apologies. May I recommend Firefox?
Just learned that Natalie has just posted the full series of digital images on her site, here. The ones she initially loaned me are the top four pictured. I hope to have a poetic response to each of these by the end of April.

I like all of these pictures, but my favorites (beyond those four) are Pregnant, Wondering, Meditation, and Resurrection. So, do drop by Natalie's Augustine blog; tell her jac sent ya.

No comments: