Friday, June 18, 2004

Correction

In his comment on my faux press release the erstwhile Very Rt Rev Dr. Omed notifies me that Shelly wrote "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." in his "Defense of Poetry." He was kind enough to direct me to the full text of said essay on Bartleby.

He also reminds me that Mr. Inhofe is a senator, rather than a congressman, and thus the election is statewide. I have retroactively re-written the article to reflect this fact. I appreciate the correction. I receive most of my local news in 30 second snippets while driving to & from work. Not that it's an excuse, but most people are aware of the infamous quality of our local newspaper. Dr. Omed, on the other hand, has access to a far superior news outlet (the Tulsa World).

The management deeply regrets these errors, and will return to poetry, where it's slightly safer.

No comments: