Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Five: Catching Some zzzzzzz

This week's questions regarding blessed sleep come courtesy of Reverend Mother.
  1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best?
    As little light as possible. Mild temperature (around 70°). Two pillows. In the summer, I either sleep in the buff, or in my undies. In the winter, I wear pajama top, but only boxer shorts below.

  2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?
    Around 8 hours is ideal. If I get less than six hours, I can be pretty grouchy.

  3. Night owl or morning person?
    Morning person. I wake up 6 whether the alarm is set or not. Sleeping late means I slept until 8.

  4. Favorite cure for insomnia
    Favorite cause of insomnia — drinking caffeine any time after about 1 pm. Second most likely suspect are times of stress, when I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to complete my appointed tasks. In the second instance, I do my best to release those anxieties before I go to sleep. When I hit my limit of restless or sleepless nights (~3-4 in a row), I take a Benedril and three ibuprofen.

  5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not?
    I took the occasional nap before DJ & I adopted each other. Under DJ's tutelage and encouragement, I have become a fan of the power nap. My naps typically last about a half hour. DJ still has me beat though - her naps can last as long as three hours.

No comments: