Monday, November 22, 2004

Jonah Smiles

Jonah Smiles
Today is my birthday. This picture is my birthday present for those (e.g., Sabbathing Sam and Natalie) who fear that I don't smile enough. I'm the balding fellow near the top of the picture.

The picture was taken sometime this summer, which explains my short-sleeved shirt. It's a silk and cotton blend. Which means, per my previous entry, that it's not kosher. It's not quite as comfy as I thought it would be either. But it's purty.

The shot is a detail from a picture which was included in Sunday's bulletin. The picture is of a group who gather every Sunday morning to read and reflect on St. Benedict's Rule. We also meet the second and fourth Monday of each month.

As this picture shows, I may need more practice smiling, but I do smile.

No comments: